If this crazy weather has you wondering when spring will arrive, you’re not alone. If you’re wondering when the Bluebirds will return, well, some may already be here looking for the perfect home to start their family.
Spring officially won’t begin for a couple of weeks, but the wildlife don’t use the same type of calendar that we do. Warmer temperatures will entice migratory birds back to their breeding grounds. So that means The Clarence Bluebird Trail needs to get ready.
Our 2017 Spring Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, April 22, at 10:00 AM. We will meet at Zion Lutheran Church, 9535 Clarence Center Road, Clarence Center, NY, to discuss our new year of nest box monitoring. All are welcome.
At our meeting, you can get information on our monitoring program. You can learn:
- what type of nest box is best for Eastern Bluebirds
- how and where to install the nest box
- how to identify various species, their nests, and eggs
- how to monitor the birds during the breeding season
- what type of data we collect
- how we help with Eastern Bluebird conservation in Western New York
If you would like to join our organization but are unable to attend the meeting, please feel free to contact us. We can arrange some time to instruct you and pair you up with a bird buddy if you don’t already have one.
We are always happy to have volunteers join us in our conservation mission. After all…it’s for the birds.